These pizza rolls are incredibly easy to make and really taste good. As chief lunch box maker I do sometimes feel despondent at the thought of another daily lunch box making sesh, so these are great to make at the weekend and store in the freezer. When you need to provide an easy yet scrummy lunch all you have to do is whip these bad boys out and send them on their way (the family and the pizza rolls)!
1) Make your dough, I make mine using a bread maker all you need to do is tip in the correct ingredients, press start and wait for 90 mins. If you don't have a bread maker you can easily make your own dough using a recipe on the net.
2) Once the dough is ready to handle, roll out into a large rectangular shape using a rolling pin (see below).
3) Using ready made pizza sauce or red pesto or even your own home made sauce cover the dough thinly. Grate some cheese and sprinkle over the top of the pizza sauce (Quick Tip: Don't be tempted to add too many toppings - less is more).
4) Roll the covered dough carefully into a swiss roll shape and cut into sections around 1-1/2" wide.
5) Place the cut rolls/sections onto an oven proof tray lined with baking paper and cook in a oven set to 200C/Gas 6 for around 20 mins or until golden and firm.
It's NaBloPoMo #14 today! For more Blogs please visit Vonnie at http://nowtspecial.wordpress.com. You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter just click on the Links to the right!