Wednesday 27 November 2013

A Blast From The Past



It’s amazing how things said to you in the past can come back and haunt you years later isn't it?!  For me these things are usually of a negative vane and I guess remind me of who I am and who I am trying to be! 

For instance, I was planning what to wear for a night out the other day and thought ‘I know, I could wear my black jeans turned up with a pair of courts’ then the flashback occurred and I remembered a comment someone had made to me about ten years previously.  Let me take you back...


...There I was on a works Christmas night out and I was wearing blue jeans turned up with a pair of heeled sandals.  One of the girls there said to me, “Oh look at you, you look like you're on your holidays!”  I think the remark was aimed at humiliating me in front of everyone to be perfectly honest (maybe it made her feel better about herself?) but at the time I took little offence and brushed it off.  

Now, years later, I am questioning my outfit choice based on one flippant comment! 

I have decided that I am going to look at it as personality building along with all the other things which occasionally pop into my mind…does this ever happen to you?  Or is it just me being a bit..well um..weird! 

Let me know and please leave a comment I’d love to hear from you!

Love Sophie..x

NaBloPoMo #27!





No comments:

Post a Comment