Friday 10 January 2014

The New Granny's Survival Guide

If you are expecting a baby and would like to buy something for the grandmother-to-be or if you are the grandmother-to-be you have to buy this book! Currently available on Amazon.

I was given this book to review by Mumsnet and although not a Grandmother myself I thoroughly enjoyed all the book had to offer and can't wait to pass it on to my mum and mother-in-law who I am sure will really enjoy and appreciate the witty tales and advice.

With some really great extracts from real 'Grannys' I found it hard to choose my favourite but if I was pushed I would have to say this is one of my favourites:

"How much advice should you give to the new parents? Somewhere between none and none, in my experience.  My favoured way to listen to what she wants to do and say what a good idea that is" (gracesmum)

There is so much advice in this book ranging from 'Becoming A Gran' to 'Discipline' and 'Bigger Grandchildren' the list is endless and you really can't go wrong.

Take it from me, this book is a very enjoyable read and I would definitely recommend it. Thank you Netmums and Gransnet for publishing such a fab book!

1 comment: