I originally found this recipe in Good Housekeeping magazine and I have tried it out a few times now. It is really easy to do and looks really effective, great for presents!
This recipe involves no baking and only four ingredients what more can you ask for? If you can pick up some pretty jars and ribbon you can present these as perfect homemade presents which look gorgeous but won't cost you the earth.
405g Tin Light Condensed Milk
300g Icing Sugar Sifted
300g Desiccated Coconut
Red/Pink Food Colouring
1) Line a 15cm x 20cm tin with baking parchment.
2) Mix the condensed milk and icing sugar together then add the coconut (the mixture will be stiff).
3) Spoon half the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten until level.
4) Add the food colouring to the remaining mixture and stir well. Press on top of the white coconut ice until even.
5) Wrap in clingfilm and leave to set in fridge overnight. Once set cut into bitesize cubes.