Wednesday 11 December 2013

Is Santa Real??


Yes of course! Is my immediate reply to my six year old daughter! My three year old has quite rightly and somewhat obviously never questioned his existence...yet! But my six year old has asked on a couple of occasions now. I feel really disappointed when she asks as I feel like she is already beginning to lose her childhood innocence and I put it down to her poor fellow classmates who already know Santa is not real! To be honest I feel quite sad for these kids and wonder why their parents don't want to encourage the wonder and excitement of Father Christmas? 


I've quite rightly, in my opinion, told my daughter that he is definitely real and if she doesn't believe then he may not come and leave any presents.  I hope this is good enough and the magic will stay strong for a few more years yet! As a child I loved the excitement of Christmas and truly believed my Mum when she told me Santa was real - I really wanted to believe and feel it did no harm to me and does no harm to anyone else.  In fact I think I believed in father Christmas until I moved out of home! 

Well now I have finished with my feelings all I have left to say is GO SANTA!

Check out this great page from Netmums which gives you some perfect answers to all your children's difficult Santa questions! It also has contains links to some fab Santa apps! 

Sophie..x

5 comments:

  1. Of course he is! I'd definitely want to prolong that belief for as long as possible. #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 10 year old will tell you he is definitely real and my 7 year knows I rang the north pole tonight when he was refusing to go to bed! #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he's real :) I'm hoping to get another year out of my seven year old... But I'm not hopeful about next year... #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is most definitely real! I have a 5.5yr old who is yet to ask said question! #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete